Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I'm not exactly lovin' it

There are certain things that are so iconic that even a 4-year old knows their meaning. At least the meaning that they have assigned said icon. We're completely inundated with commercials, it's hard not to pick up on these things. Driving down the road, Boy has always had the ability to spot a Dunkin' Donuts from miles away. It's either stop or deal with the wrath of whine from Boy not getting his donut. But who doesn't love a donut every now and then? I just don't like having to change my driving routes to avoid the whine.

Which brings me to the Golden Arches. They are everywhere. We all have our own individual feeling towards them. Me? I think of fries. Fries good. Boy? He thinks differently. We pass a set of arches while driving the other day. "That's McDonald's. I don't like McDonald's. I don't like the clown." It's just that simple.

No comments: