Sunday, June 03, 2007

Underpants

Boy wears his underpants backwards. Children's briefs for the most part have some sort of large character on them. Bob the Builder. Lightning McQueen. Firefighter Elmo. Being in advertising, I appreciate the thought that goes into these things. Anyway, the large "graphic" is always printed on the largest open area on the underpants. Seeing that they need to leave room on the front for the seams and access hole that no 3-year old will ever use, the characters end up on the back. So, why on earth would you want the character on the back? You wouldn't. You want him on the front so everyone cn see. So Boy wears his underpants backwards.

At first it was funny. Now it's gone on a little too long. Boy never seems to want to wear pants, so I'm faced with the sight of his skinny little behind hanging out of these things as he runs around. A 3-year old with a wedgie. He doesn't care, so I guess I shouldn't either. It just can't be comfortable. So, this is the story I have to tell people when they come to my house for a BBQ or something and Boy has no pants on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No shame here.
I have my underwear on backwards all the time.